JOOMLA 3.8.0 HAS BEEN RELEASED
Joomla version 3.8.0 has been released yesterday on Monday, 18 September 2017. This version of Joomla updated with Core structure to make it ready for their upcoming version Joomla 4. Two security issues on Joomla has been resolved in this version
What is new in Joomla! 3.8?
New Routing System
- The new routing system gives users more control over their URL structure, including the often requested ability to remove IDs from URLs
Joomla! 4 Compatibility Layer
- The development of Joomla! 4 has made some changes in how the core code is structured by migrating classes to use PHP namespaces. Joomla! 3.8 includes a mapping layer to allow developers to use the older class names while being able to take advantage of the new class name structure.
Improved Sample Data Installation
- It is now possible to install sample data within your site backend after finishing the installation process, allows users to create their own generic data sets or extension developers to provide easy-to-install sample data for their extensions
Sodium Encryption Support
- PHP 7.2 introduces the new sodium extension for processing encrypted data, through a polyfill of this library Joomla! 3.8 makes this new API available for all of our users even before they upgrade to PHP 7.2
- Core - Information Disclosure in LDAP Authentication Plugin (affecting Joomla 1.5.0 - 3.7.5)
- Core - Information Disclosure in com_content Archived Articles Model (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 - 3.7.5)
We will start updating our customer portal that subscribes to our web design services. We take care of your websites.
For more information about this update. Visit https://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5713-joomla-3-8-0-release.html